Owens River Gorge Flows
A few details about the court approved agreement between LAWP & CDF&W:
* The flow changes will begin in 3 years.
* The spring flushes will occur in June and vary in amount and duration.
* 5 out of 20 years the flows will be very high, last over several weeks, and the gorge will be closed to the public.
* Flows will vary throughout the year. 35 cfs of more during the winter. 55 - 85 cfs the rest of the year except for spring run-off flows.
* LAWP will submit a schedule of flows to CDF&W at the beginning of each year. Steps are being taken to get this posted on the web.
Back To Table of Contents