by Elaine Cook
This was one of the many great items served at the Fun-draiser and Elaine says she had a number of requests for this recipe.
|2 cups flour||176 grape tomatoes|
|6 sweet onions||1/2 cup olive oil|
|4 Tbs fresh rosemary||2 tsp. salt|
|2 tsp.ground pepper||1/2 cup rice vinegar|
|4 packages (17.3 oz.) puffed pastry sheets||1 lb. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (Parmesan okay)|
1. Remove puffed pastry from freezer 45 minutes before use. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Wash tomatoes and rosemary and dry.
3. Peel onions, quarter and thinly slice in food processor.
4. Put oil in a large bowl, poke tomatoes with a fork, snip rosemary leaves from stem with scissors, and with onions, salt, and pepper, add to oil in bowl and gently mix.
5. Spread mixture in large glass baking dish without stacking tomatoes. Bake 20 - 25 minutes 'till onions just start to caramelize. Remove from oven and pour the vinegar over all. Cool.
6. Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper.
7. On floured cutting board unfold one sheet of puffed pastry. Cut into 2 1/2" rounds, dipping cutter into flour frequently. Save extra pieces, squeeze into ball, roll out, cut as above.
8. Place in single layer closely together on baking pan. Top each round with one tomato and 1 - 2 tsp. of the roasted mixture. Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes until edges are puffed and starting to brown.
9. Garnish with cheese; serve warm.
Back To Table of Contents